Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dishwasher Soap

I keep sharing this recipe with friends on Facebook so I thought I would add it to my blog so I could just direct them here. The recipe I use was originally found here. I have made one slight change that makes it much easier to use. I have been using this soap for a few months now and I haven't had any problems with it. My dishes appear clean and I haven't had any soap build-up on the glass. I make my own laundry soap with borax and washing soda so I always have most of these ingredients on hand.

I store my soap in an old baby wipe container and wrote the recipe on the side in permanent maker so I don't have to go look it up each time I need to remake it. I keep a measuring spoon from an old oxi-clean container inside so I always have a scoop ready to measure out the soap.

Mix together:
2 cups borax
2 cups washing soda
1 cup kosher salt

Use approximately 1 Tablespoon per load in addition to approximately 1 tsp of Lemi-Shine.

Although the original recipe has you mix the lemi-shine into the other ingredients, I have found that by leaving it separate, my mixture no longer clumps. It remains pourable/scoop-able and it's much easier to just add the lemi-shine separately than having to try to chisel pieces off of the clumped together soap.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. So that is why you add the lemi-shine later. I was wondering. Excited to be using stuff that I made. I still have to make my own laundry detergent.

    ReplyDelete